|When you open and title accounts, you affect not only rights at death but also the insurance coverage of your account. Some of the big errors are occurring on our signature card contracts because we do not understand when to use authorized signers and PODs.
Understanding the legal ownership and proper titling of accounts will prevent loss to the financial institution and ensure that your account holder gets what he or she wants at death. We will focus on personal accounts, fiduciary accounts and business accounts and look at some of the state law issues you will need to investigate to get accounts set up in your state.
- How to set up and title Single Party, Multiple Party, and POD
- The ins and outs of titling social security representative payees
- Why we look at the court order for accounts with Letters of Guardianship
- How to set up a "debtor in possession" account
- Why you have to match both the identification and the IRS record
- What happens when owners don't sign on personal accounts
- How to set up estate accounts and living trusts
- Business account titling and TINs
- Minors and UTMA
Who Should Attend
New Account Representatives, Customer Service Representatives, Branch Managers, Branch Administration, Compliance and anyone who works with deposit account signature cards.The Presenter
Deborah Crawford is the President of gettechnical inc. She specializes in compliance and regulations for the deposit side of financial institutions. Her 20+ year career in banking and training began at Hibernia National Bank. She has been a seminar leader for many state associations and credit union groups across the nation. She has Bachelors and Masters degrees from Louisiana State University.
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in On-Demand Or CD versions, as shown in the pricing options below.